Friday, June 11, 2004

Finished

  • Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie

    Rating: ****

    I loved this one! It's so much better than the only other Crusie I read. Okay, the prerequisite girlfriends and villains were like caricatures instead of characters, but it didn't really detract from the light, fun tone of the book. The heroine, Minerva, is a gal I wouldn't mind having as a buddy. It's not too often you find a strong, sensible, and sexy protag (in reality, it's always two out of three: the Jane theory, which I personally think should be a postulate) that you can like. The hero was definitely acceptable. A sensitive, hot, modern man, of course. The premise is what hooked me into getting this one. Crusie sets it up well, too, since it could have easily degenerated into something corny and contrived. An excellent beach read.

No comments: