Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed...

Alas, nothing blue.

Renée and I went to a flea market on Saturday, where I got three books, Faust with German and the English translation on facing pages, The Chicago Manual of Style in hardback, and The Swiss Family Robinson. Total=$2.50. Renée picked up a pristine copy of To Sir Philip, With Love for a buck.

Went to the library to renew some of the books I'm still reading and also happened upon Diane Johnson's newest in her Francophile series, L'Affaire. Bien sûr, I had to check to see if my library had the second (after Le Divorce), Le Mariage. They did - so grows my pile to read.

Barnes and Noble is on my list for this week, so we'll see if I have anything to add. Doubtful, though, since I only go there to get ideas about new books and buy elsewhere.

No comments: